Merchant Auto’s warranty policy guarantees that MA products will be free from defects in workmanship and material for one year from the original purchase date. MAximum Transmission units and whole transfer case units will be covered from defects in workmanship and material for two years from the original purchase date. This warranty applies only to the original retail purchaser. This warranty does not cover the finish, alterations, modification, and/or original installation of the product contrary to Merchant Automotive Specifications. Merchant Auto’s warranty does not cover any parts not manufactured within Merchant Automotive.
The Merchant Auto warranty does not include coverage for police or taxi vehicles, race vehicles, or vehicles that are used for government or commercial purposes. Any alterations to the finish of Merchant Auto parts such as painting, powder coating, plating, or welding will void all warranties. Merchant Auto’s warranty will not cover any product that has been subject to accident, negligence, alteration, abuse, or misuse. Merchant Automotive reserves the right to discontinue, or change the design, finish, part number, and/or application of parts when deemed essential by Merchant Automotive without written notice.
Merchant Automotive makes no other warranties, expressed or implied.
Merchant Automotive 30 Day Return Policy - All Merchant Automotive products come with a 30-day return policy. If your product fails or is defective within 30 days and meets the warranty requirements, Merchant Auto will replace the product, free of charge. This applies to the original part purchaser and the original purchase date. This will also apply to non-MA parts, sold by MA for 30 days. If your manufacturer’s warranty exceeds 30 days, you will need to contact the manufacturer. Labor is not included with your MA warranty.
If an MA product was used to repair a vehicle and the customer needs to make a warranty claim, the customer will need a receipt from the place he purchased it from. The warranty will be based on the original purchase date by the customer. This will need to be submitted to MA for a warranty claim and must include the shop name, the MA part number, purchase date, and pricing information.
- What's covered and what's not
- We cover defects from the manufacturing process only. Your labor or that of any shop you have to pay to remove or re-install any covered parts is NOT reimbursable.
- Any part installed on a truck that participates in sled pulling, racing of any time, damage from off-roading, accidents, etc. have no warranty of any type.
- Fill out an RMA request form on our site or give us a call. Any part that is returned without an RMA number will likely get put on a shelf and end up being lost, with no restitution due to the sender.
- No. Almost all parts have to be inspected for abuse, improper installation, etc. PRIOR to a warranty part being shipped out
- No. We have a 30-day return/refund policy and it only covers parts that are new and un-installed. We stand behind our products and in the event one fails, we’ll replace it if it’s within that products warranty period and is a covered event.
- Our warranty is only valid for products sold through our authorized dealer network. It’s unlikely that anything you buy on Amazon or eBay will have a warranty through us. You may or may not have a warranty through the seller. Get something in writing before you buy it from them. Just because they say they are an authorized dealer doesn’t mean that they are.
- You can go directly through us. But for any potential warranty replacement, you’ll need your proof of purchase. This would be a computer-generated receipt with your name on it, the dealers name, the date of purchase and purchase price. Once you have that, call us to start the process.
- Call the shipping company that you chose in the checkout (FedEx, etc.). Shipping damage claims MUST go through them. Putting us in the middle of it has proven to slow things down for you dramatically.
- Call us if it’s less than 30 days from the date of purchase on your receipt. After 30 days you call the manufacturer of that part directly. All manufacturers want and need to deal with their own warranty issues, i.e. it’s not our call to say if THEY have a manufacturing defect. They must make that call.
How do I request a warranty return or exchange?
Will it automatically be covered under warranty if you give me an RMA?
If one of your parts fails and I can’t wait to have it shipped to me and decide to buy a different part locally, can I just get a refund?
What if I buy a Merchant Automotive product through a local shop or on Amazon or eBay? Is it still covered?
I bought a Merchant Automotive product through my local shop who is an authorized dealer. I have a warranty issue. Do I go through them or directly through you?
I bought something and it was damaged in shipping. What do I do?
I bought a non-Merchant Automotive part from you (FASS, S&B, MBRP, Flowmaster, etc.) and have a warranty issue. Do I call you or them?