Core Return Policy
Before returning a core, please contact the MA team at 616-772-9551 or email
firstname.lastname@example.org with your sales order number to set up a return and obtain an Return Authorization (RMA) number. An RMA is required for any and all returns, no exceptions.
Once an RMA is emailed to you, please print it out and stick it in the shipping container and write the RMA number on the outside of the shipping box on multiple sides as this will speed up the process upon arrival. All return shipping costs and fees for core returns are the responsibility of the purchaser. Once Merchant Automotive receives the shipment, please allow 7-10 business days to receive your core refund.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET:All cores MUST BE FULLY DRAINED of fluid prior to packaging and shipping. UPS/FedEx/USPS will return ANY shipments that leak fluid to the sender, and you will be responsible for any additional shipping costs associated.
It is the customer’s responsibility to properly package their core to ensure it arrives intact. Merchant Automotive will not be responsible for any damages or total loss incurred during return transit. We highly recommend careful and secure packaging as well as shipping insurance to your return in case any damages or total loss occur.
All CORE RETURNS MUST HAVE:
- An RMA to receive credit.
- Original Manufacturers box/packaging to receive credit. (The box with the core return sticker, not the shipping packaging).
- A copy of the original sales order or sales receipt.
- Customers have 30 days from the date of the original purchase to return their core to Merchant Automotive for a refund. Cores must be returned and received by the hands of Merchant Automotive within 30 days of the original purchase date to qualify for a refund.
- Cores returned after 30 days are eligible for in-store credit only. It is the customer’s responsibility to notify Merchant Automotive if they need a core time limit extension.
- Core returns not received within 90 days from the date of original purchase will not qualify for a refund or in store credit.
- All cores must be the same model as the original item(s) that was purchased.
- Cores must be fully assembled and have all hardware present
- Cores must be fully drained of all fluids - non negotiable.
- Broken, or cracked mounts, and cases will not be accepted
- Must be complete with pulley and integral reservoir and have no damaged ports or broken sensors.
- Injectors must be fully assembled
- Injectors that were involved in a fire will NOT qualify for core refund
- When returning core injectors and fuel pumps, they must be returned in the original white shipping box. No box = no credit, and no exceptions will be made
Engine and Transmission core returns are accepted within 30 days of the shipment delivery date for full credit to be considered. If you are in need of a core return extension please call our sales team at (616) 772-9551 to discuss additional options.
When returning core Engines or Transmissions back to Merchant Automotive, the return shipping cost will be quoted at the time of the RMA request. Please note that this return shipping cost will be deducted from the core refund once it arrives back to Merchant Automotive in qualifying condition. In the event a customer would prefer to utilize and purchase their own return shipping methods for these items, they are free to do so at their discretion. Customers must still obtain an RMA number before shipping the core return, regardless if the return shipping method is through Merchant Automotive or customer elected. Please note that all of the existing core return policies and procedures still apply.