Merchant Automotive Transfer Case, Gas - 261HD | 2001 - 2007
Due to daily fluctuating stock levels, please call (616) 772-9551 for time sensitive orders.
Replace a 261HD manual shift four-wheel drive transfer case found in 1999 to 2007 GM gas trucks with this brand new one from Merchant Automotive - No core charge!NOTE: Does not include encoder motor.Why Choose Our Transfer Case?
Includes Our Transfer Case Pump Upgrade:The GM transfer cases use a gear pump inside the case that is driven off the mainshaft. The pump forces oil to the planetary as well as the drive sprocket sleeve. There are 5 tabs around the housing that fit into spots in the rear housing to position the pump. Over time, the pump can start to wear on the rear housing. This issue is referred to as "pump rub". Our Transfer Case Pump Upgrade resolves this problem. Protect your investment by preventing this condition.
Comes with Magnetic Drain Plugs:Magnetic Drain Plugs catch small debris and help extend fluid life. Kit contains a Magnetic Drain plug and a new fill plug made out of a high strength corrosion resistant 304 Stainless Steel.
Shipped with MA Performance Transfer Case Oil:
- Promotes transfer case performance
- Increases shifting performance
- Dramatically reduces wear
- Increases component efficiency
- Blended specifically for use in GM transfer cases
- May be used in GM, Ford and Chrysler transfer cases
- For use in diesel or gas transfer case
- Cost effective upgrade for Auto Track II
- Performs in manual or electric shift applications
- Reduces irritating drive shaft clunk
- Increases drive line performance by reducing clutch chatter
- Drastically reduces wear on internal components & seals
NOTE: Transfer Case will be shipped with 2 Quart (64 fluid oz.) bottle. The transfer case WILL NOT BE FILLED WHEN RECEIVED. One Transfer Case will use 64 fluid oz.
Is my 1999 to early-2007 transfer case a NP261HD or NP263HD?
The easiest way to know the difference between transfer cases installed in 1999 to early-2007 GM trucks and SUVs is the shift selection mechanism. Both Chevrolet and GMC trucks and SUVs using NP261HD transfer cases use manual shift selection with a floor mounted range selector. Trucks with electronic (push button or knob on the dash) shift selection are equipped with the NP263HD transfer case.
2 Year Warranty